do you believe you have a calling? how do you recognize that calling?
I believe we were all designed to do something unique in this life: contribute, create, change, and love one another above all else. it’s simple, yet complicated.
I believe when we are in alignment with our spirit, our natural selves become tuned with our calling; it becomes instinctive.
This about it like this: no one else can do what you do like you do, yeah?
So when I was thinking of what my calling was and searching I made lists upon lists upon lists, however you don’t have to do that if you are not a list person..but you do have to answer these questions:
- what are your hobbies?
- what are your skills?
- what are your talents?
- what are your interests?
- what are the things in your life that make you most happy?
- what are your top priorities?
- what are your goals?
- what are the non-negotiables when it comes to what you are looking for in your life (cause we’re looking for a lifestyle, right? not just a job)?
- what is open for discussion?
- how much work are you willing to put in to see your dreams come true? (and be realistic)
Now ask yourself:
- am I in touch with my spirit?
- am I able to discern what is selfish + what is noble?
- if money was no object what would I do?
- where am I most happy?
- what is my motivation?
These questions are meant to open up a discussion and hopefully let you get to know yourself, recognize how your skills and talents are designed to facilitate your passion, and prompt insight when seeking your calling.
We are all gifted with a special set of gifts and talents, but we decide how we use them. That is a hefty responsibility. Are you up for the challenge?