i love granola. period.
today i make granola. and it is good.
2 C Oats
2 C Nuts (I chose a mix of walnuts, pistachios, and almonds)
1/3 C Olive Oil
1/3 C Honey
1 T Cinnamon
Ground Ginger, tt (I may like mine a little stronger than most people)
1 t Vanilla Bean Paste
1/4 C Goji Berries
1/4 C Shredded Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350. Toast oats for 10 – 12 minutes, rotating halfway through. The nuts should only take about 8-9 minutes.
2. Chop the nuts into prefered size. (If using walnuts make sure to rub them first to get the bitter casings off)
3. Mix together the oil, honey, vanilla, salt, spices and add all the nuts and oats.
4. Turn back out onto the sheet pan, put back into the oven, and turn the oven off. Let the honey start to caramelize. You can just leave the granola in the oven and walk away. I left mine in the oven for about an hour to an hour and a half.
5. Add the goji berries and coconut and let cool.
6. Store in airtight container.